Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day Two--School Retreat

God has made the earth just so beautiful. We are so undeserving yet He has given us so much. Since we were at the agricultural site we got to do more agriculture based activities but it was a lot of fun. I learned so much and I got to try a palm oil seed. In the afternoon we went on a long walk. Before we moved to Africa I had this very stereotypical view of Africa. I always thought of the rolling plains, the rushing water, the wind in the grass, the big rocks... that was exactly what I saw. Crazy stuff. In the evening we also had the most amazing campfire. The stars were breathtaking. The sky was so clear, and to top it all off there was a lightning storm on the horizon. We sang songs around the campfire and just had a really peaceful time. It was great.
















No comments :

Post a Comment