Saturday, April 6, 2013

How Deep The Father's Love For Us


After watching "The Passion of the Christ" all I could think about was this song. The reality of His death seemed more real and the sacrifice became personal. I can't begin to fathom the depths of His love, but I am so thankful He loves me. Wow.

How deep the Father's love for usHow vast beyond all measureThat He should give His only SonTo make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing lossThe Father turns His face awayAs wounds which mar the chosen OneBring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a crossMy sin upon His shouldersAshamed I hear my mocking voiceCall out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him thereUntil it was accomplishedHis dying breath has brought me lifeI know that it is finished
I will not boast in anythingNo gifts, no power, no wisdomBut I will boast in Jesus ChristHis death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?I cannot give an answerBut this I know with all my heartHis wounds have paid my ransom

No comments :

Post a Comment